Friday, August 31, 2012

Delightful or Creepy

The children enjoy burying their feet in the gravel;


Below the surface it is so cool and the weight of the gravel adds another sensory experience.
The baby found something she thought was interesting – sawdust.  There was a pile of it over from when my husband cut up some kindling.  It was just within her reach and it was so soft and fluffy;


She took handfuls of the sawdust to the other side of the yard, placed it on the bench and then wiped it off;


Then she went and got some more.  It was a process she enjoyed for quite some time.  She was a little surprised when she found something else in the sawdust but the other children were delighted to be able to have her unwanted discovery;


I saw a beautiful black and yellow butterfly fly across the yard and ran over to where it landed in hopes that I might be able to get a picture of it.  When I got there I discovered that it wasn’t a butterfly after all;


I poked it to make it fly again just to make sure and yes – this little fella does have fancy wings.  I learned something new!  There have been a lot of crickets and grasshoppers around lately and the children are thrilled;


Then one of the children asked “What are those things in the wasp trap?”  So I went to look;


That picture didn’t turn out well but I wasn’t about to take any more – had to dispose of that wasp trap full of maggots ewww, ewWW, EWWW!  Quick find me something to get that image out of my head.

The baby has a new interest;


The other children have abandoned their shoes to enjoy a follow the leader/obstacle course game on the new grass;


Now that is delightful :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment