Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Perfect Amount of Snow

I’ve heard people complaining – sarcastic comments like “It’s snowing again.  Just what we need – more snow.”  Personally I think we have the perfect amount of snow.

The tunnel under the hill looks like this;

2m2l-01

I usually clear the snow away from the entrances to the tunnel but on one inservice day the school-age children built up the snow there to create a ‘jail’.  I didn’t want to disturb their structure so I left it and more snow has accumulated there.  The school-age children would no longer be able to get inside the tunnel but some of the preschoolers can and love it;

2m2l-02

The path through the garden is terrific;

2m2l-03

Not at all like it was in February 2012;

2m2l-04

That was just a pathetic amount of snow.

However, in 2011 we had far too much snow even for me and I like snow.  In 2011 I nearly ran out of places to put the snow and the garden looked like this;

2m2l-05

Too much snow in 2011. Too little snow in 2012.  The perfect amount of snow in 2013 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment