Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flipped

I was working on a post last week but didn’t get it finished before the weekend arrived – and the beginning of the playroom reno.  The other post will have to wait so I can show you the new and improved playroom.

The main problem with old arrangement was the entrance/walkway area – I wrote about it here.  I devised a plan to solve the congestion by ‘flipping’ the play areas.  It took three days – half a day for demo, one and a half for the rebuild, and the final day for painting and finish work.

This was one view of the playroom before the flip;

Flip01-before

And this is what it looks like now;

Flip02-after 

This is the North East corner of the playroom before;

Flip03-NEbefore

It was the housekeeping area – now it is the music/workshop area;

Flip04-NEafter

The South West area before;

Flip05-SWbefore

Is now the new houskeeping area;

Flip06-SWafter

Here’s another view of the houskeeping area;

Flip07-kitafter

And this is the new – uncongested – entrance to the playroom;

Flip08-ent-after

Now I’m waiting for the children to arrive so I can see what they think of the new space…

No comments:

Post a Comment