Friday, May 2, 2014

Liking the Space

It seems like I’ve been neglecting my blog.  Truth is, I’m feeling a little overextended at the moment.  Meetings, editing, writing presentations, paperwork, and other commitments have been eating up all my ‘spare’ time.

The 11 hours/day that I spend with the children has become my ‘quiet’ time.  Right now I’m supposed to be working on a slideshow presentation that I need to finish for tomorrow so I really shouldn’t be ‘wasting’ time playing around here but….

I wanted to share some of our experiences as we try out our newly renovated spaces.  There have been (mostly) positives and (a few) negatives from my perspective and the children’s too.

I haven’t really got the time to do this now so I’m just going to post a few pictures for now.  Here is a ‘magic’ tower;

testing 01

The blanket was successfully removed and replaced several times without knocking over the impressive structure hidden under it;

testing 02

In the nature area there has been a lot of interest in our new tree pieces – we now have several different sizes to choose from.  Here are some of the smaller ones that were being used to make a fence;

testing 03

The new art spaces have been popular too – for the preschoolers;

testing 04

And the school-age children too;

testing 05

Even the cats have been checking out the new spaces.  Malta has decided that the nap area divider is her property;

testing 06

However, there have been a few disputes about that.  Both cats have also claimed that the carpet under my computer chair belongs to them;

testing 07

I continually have to decide whether the paperwork is more important than disturbing the cats.  Maybe it is their way of telling me to go outside and play instead :-)

Hopefully I’ll have time to write a ‘real’ post after things slow down a little.  Until then, I’ve got more work to do….

No comments:

Post a Comment