Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Compilation

Every once in a while I find I have collected a few photos from activities that don't become a blog post on their own but I'd still like to share them.  These are a few from the past month;

This was the result of nearly an hour of independent play after we got past the 'There's nobody else here to play with me' stage;

16-02-misc01

Here is a picture of a cooperative game these two enjoyed;

16-02-misc02

I thought this was a pretty amazing tower built by a three-year-old;

16-02-misc03.JPG

And this two-year-old sorted these blocks like this several times, every day for more than a week!

16-02-misc04

Finally, this was something I made to use some extra acorn squash.  It was definitely not my favourite squash dish but it had the preschoolers clamoring for more.



16-02-misc05
  • 3 cups acorn squash, cubed
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 Tbsp margarine, melted
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix all ingredients together and place in a greased baking dish. Bake, covered, in preheated 375 F (190 C) oven for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until squash is tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment